3-Ingredient Oreo Truffle Valentine's Hearts
Make your sweetie or your shred bestie some of these insanely yummy Valentine'
- 24 Oreo cookies-crushed into fine crumbs
- 5 oz. softened cream cheese
- 12-14 oz. high quality white chocolate (you can use white chocolate candy coating or vanilla almond bark)
- Heart shaped sprinkles-optional
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Crush whole Oreos with the filling in a really fine crumbs and combine it with softened cream cheese.
- You can do this by hands, press it with a back of the spoon, or use a mixer with paddle attachment(the mixture is really thick and I prefer to knead it by hand).
- When it’s all evenly combined transfer the mixture onto baking paper and spread it in an even layer about ½ inch thick (or more, depending how large is your cookie cuter).
- Place the tray in the freezer for 45 mins (or more) until it’s harden enough for cutting.
- Cut out the truffles with heart shaped cookie cuter and place them back in the freezer for 20-30 mins(truffles must be frozen before dipping into chocolate).
- Line another tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Take a few hearts from the freezer ( so the rest won’t soften while you are working) and dip one frozen hearts at the time into melted chocolate with a fork. Tap off the excess chocolate and transfer the hearts onto baking paper and top with sprinkles (if you don’t want to dip them twice in the chocolate). If you want to cover the truffles with second layer of chocolate( like I did), then after first dipping into chocolate, place chocolate covered hearts in the freezer to harden the chocolate faster and repeat the dipping process, and then top with sprinkles.
- Work in small batches because the heart must be frozen when place them into melted chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge(or freezer for longer storage).
- This recipe makes 16-20 small (about1.5 inch) hearts.